Why is this course different from all others?
The Rohr Jewish Learning Institute is offering a new course, beginning this month at three Chabad locations. The upcoming JLI course is titled Strength and Struggle: Lessons in Character from the Stories of Our Prophets?
“It’s not (just) a course about David, Ruth, Saul, and Elijah,” said Rabbi Yosef Konikov, “this course is about you!”
“It’s about how to enrich your life, how to become the person you’ve always wanted to be, and how to overcome—and even grow from—life’s challenges,” he said.
What makes this course different from all other courses?
• In Strength and Struggle, you’ll encounter Jewish wisdom’s powerful recipes for developing great character—ideas that have been 3,000 years in the making!
• You’ll get to top-up your Jewish and general knowledge by exploring dramatic biblical events, inspiring characters, and heartwarming tales from the earliest history of our people.
• And you’ll walk from this course (more than our other courses) inspired, invigorated, and spiritually charged—armed with the tools to face life’s challenges head-on.
Questions that will be explored in the course include:
• When experiencing burnout, how do you rekindle the flame?
• When overcome by emotion, how do you gain perspective?
• When caught in a repeat cycle of day-to-day routine, how do you make progress on the goals most important to you?
The 6-week course will begin the week of May 16 at each of these locations:
Monday, May 16, 7:30 p.m.—9 p.m ., at Nate’s Shul, 1701 Markham Woods Road, Longwood, 407-636-5994. Cost: $99 (includes course book)
Tuesday, May 17, 7p.m.- 8:30 p.m ., at the Center of Jewish Life, 7347 W. Sand Lake Road, Orlando, 407-354-3660. Cost: $70 (includes course book).
Wednesday, May 18, 7:30 p.m.- 9 p.m ., at Chabad of Orlando, 708 Lake Howell Road, Maitland, 407-644-2500. Cost: $99 (includes course book).
To register, go to http://www.myjli.com/ Enter your zip code to find a location near you.
For more information, call the Chabad office nearest you.